On June 6 2013, Catie started using Twitter again. (She had an account by the same name before but that was closed due to inactivity, that is a story for another time.) This time she is actually using Twitter in a useful way: from her smartphone.
Being anon is perfectly fine. Just do that if you want. But you may desire to make a name for yourself in the Boxxysphere. Here are some things you can do:
- Get a youtube account and use it to subscribe to Catie’s 2 main channels: anewhopeee and boxxybabee. Set it up to email you when there is a new video out.
- Join the forum at http://forum.catiewayne.com. That was the first thing I did after creating this site. Pick a username that won’t tell people your real life identity which you can use on all the Boxxy related sites.
- Start posting on the forum.
- Lurk http://chan.catiewayne.com for a while, learn what not to do by watching others get banned.
- You can post to the chan anonymously but that will not get you known. (Personally, I post there anonymously more often than I identify myself using my tripcode.)
- Make up a tripcode based on your forum username. That is a username then a # sign then a password. Use the same name as on the forum so people recognize your name. The # becomes a ! and the password scrambles. “me#password” will become “me!8wUTr7ecJ2” Post using that tripcode. Use 2 # symbols to make it more secure.
- Get a Twitter account. Add @CatieWayne and other sphere members. For the most part, if my twitter account doubledaveee is following them, they are part of the sphere.
- On Fridays Catie uploads new videos to youtube and alternates every other Friday between posting to the chan and the forum. The combination of participating there, on twitter, and IRC are among the best ways to become known.
- Same with other social media sites like facebook and Google Plus. Add sphere friends.
- Don’t use accounts that some sphere members can use to contact people you know in real life. Why? Read about the hacking then doxxing and stalking that happened to Catie in 2009 and you will see why it isn’t a good idea to let your internet friends know your real identity. Although this isn’t nearly as important anymore. It is up to you how secure you wish to be.
- Get in the Boxxy related Tinychat rooms and IRC channel.
- Make some type of fan art to get attention for yourself. When Catie comes back around (Every Friday, alternating between using the forum and chan to interact with fans, plus on Twitter), maybe she will have heard of you by then or others can vouch for you.